Sunday, February 28, 2010

Home Cookin

omg omg omg orgasm... I just experienced the most exquisite culinary experience in my existence. It all started with thrillist, when my friend Marc (with a C) send me the link to this "restaurant." Being that I am the food snob, I put it on my to-do list. So 3 weeks later, I got to it. Not thinking much about it, I followed the link and made a reservation. This "restaurant" is a very loving chef's home- Chef Alan.

Since I am naive and curious (some say I have ass everywhere syndrome), I booked it. It wasn’t until I was driving there, that I realized this idea can go very sour. For all I know, I can get killed or raped or abducted. I am heading to a stranger’s house with 2 bottles of wine, and in 2 hours can potentially find myself sliced up. Despite, my scary hallucinations, I walked in, and entered a foodie's heaven.

The chef greeted us so kindly. He made us feel right at home. Then he began his masterpiece. He cooked:
Wahoo Crudo with Homegrown Arugula, Shaved Fennel and Smoked Tomato Vinaigrette
Duck Confit wrapped in Endives with Charred Apples and Caramelized Garlic
Red Roasted Mahi with Asian Coconut Broth and Seared Shiitakes
Ile Flotant and Passion Fruit Soup


We literally sat in his living room, watching him. If it were warmer we would have sat outside in his garden under a tipee table. Every dish was made fresh on the spot. Herbs were grown in his veggie garden in. A true digestion of passion.

Ya'll are very luck I am sharing this. Make sure to visit:
http://chefalanhughes.com/services/#2

No comments:

Post a Comment