Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Mall Madness

For those of you Aventorture residents, you will surely appreciate this interesting anectode. So as some of you may know, I recently wedded. This means I have now embarked on a one year relationship with Bloomigdales, William Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Restoration Hardware, ect. My weekends will be spent writing thank you cards, learning to use an expresso machine, returning and exchanging broken and/or ugly merchandise, and all other sorts of housewife activities.

When i walked into Aventura Mall i was shocked to see how few stores from my childhood still remain (I am an 80s kid). I can say with confidence that the only old school stores are Bebe, Cache, Gap, Wet Seal, Sears, Macys, and JCPenny. Oh how i miss Anika and Hughie! "Treats" is not what we were once accustomed to. The only familiar face was Sarku Japan, yummy to those free teriyaki chicken samples. What happened to the Potatoe sack? Mama B's Pizzeria? Mario's? Thank goodness for Hagen Daz's loyalty.

All my childhood memories are gone. Damn the new shops that exist in all other malls across America. Damn you Barneys (terrible Barneys Coop selection), Damn you JCrew, Damn you M.A.C. (Thank you Forever 21 and Urban Outfitters-SoBitch pick of the new mall). And the saddest of all is that in all this change, there aint a damn decent thing to eat in that god foresaken mall.

Since I got you on the shopping kick, here are few of Sobitch's shop spots:

-The Webster (only the intelligent visit during their 80% sale)
-C Madeline
-On My Own (cant beat their basics and their prices)
-Citrine By the Stones Jewelry Boutique
-I on the District
-Oxygen
-Sebastien James (great for men work clothes)
-Steven Allen online (for men)
-Shopbop.com
-Topshop.com
-CB2 (lincoln road)
-Brownes Beauty (Beauty products and Salon)
-Standard Spa (overpriced Beauty products)
-Letterheads (stationary/specialty giftshop)

No comments:

Post a Comment