Saturday, December 19, 2009

Indi Go

So last night yours truly hit up Bardot. I gotta say that's my favorite spot right now in the emerald city. True to Miami form, they started with the bouncer bullshit and the cover charge to park crap, and of course table service. Though I cannot sit here and criticize the whole table buying bizness, cuz I actually purchased a bottle last night. So I apologize to all you bottle heads that I used to make fun of and use your table to get free drinks. At least I shared the wealth, giving back for all those times.

One thing I will say is a shame, is that with all this table service, I don't get around to trying all their specialty drinks. Before Bardot became all table-y, we used to stand by the bar and buy these cool looking cocktails. One in particular I really enjoyed was the honey mule. It reminded me of something my mother would give me when I had a sore throat- honey, ginger, some sort of soda/tonic water, mint, and of course vodka (I think). They served them in these chilled copper mugs. SoBitch didn’t like how slow the bar service was. Those indi looking bartenders made you wait forever to get your damn drink on.
Speaking of cocktails, it seems to me Bardot was inspired by these NYC bars: milk and honey and Little Branch. Try these loungy spots next time you are in the city.

The funny thing about Bardot is the crowd. Its like all these indi hipsters came our of their cage! They finally have a place to play. Where did they come from, because you didn’t really see them out on the East part of town? So there's a nice mix of heads- artsy fartsies and south beach goers. When you walk in there is a live band playing in the middle of the bar. Last night there was this amazing singer, and even better she had this fan that really rocked out. This fan had some sweet dance moves- she was a 2010 Woodstock reincarnation. Super sexy. I love to dance, so I really admire when people can get down like her. Though I cannot dance like her. Maybe Ill take some dance lessons, and blog about that… hmmm??

Another cool spot is Churchhills. It definitely has a trashy ugly vibe, but has live music and killer fish and chips. Very respectable selection I might add. For all you gentlemen who enjoy English footie, check this spot out, especially now with the world cup this summer. The unfortunate truth is no pretty girls hang out at Churchhills. Like I said, it has an ugly vibe. But then again, this is Miami. All it takes is for some cool dude to just change his tracks, and the rest will follow.

So once upon a time someone said to me the scene is about who can get most fucked up. You know who you are out there, and you are so very right. The more fucked up you get, the cooler it seems you are in this town.

I’m off camping in the everglades, so stay tuned. I have had great feedback from my readers, and I really encourage your opinions. Yes I can take the heat, otherwise I wouldn’t be in the kitchen

Bring it!

SoBitch

No comments:

Post a Comment