Thursday, December 17, 2009

SoBitch Intro

This is my first time ever blogging. Some may get annoyed at what I have to say, but I have been told I am the world's best critic, aka "Rupert." I tend to be viciously critical, some even say negative. But on the other hand, when I like I lovvvee!

My intention is to share my likes and dislikes with all of you on food, fashion, nightlife, and travel. Since traveling is my ultimate passion, I jump on any chance I get to take a trip, especially if I have a friend at the destination. So I plan on sharing my experiences and itineraries with you, sort of as “paying it forward”. Karma….


I am a Colombian chick who grew up in Miami, and currently lives in South Beach. So I’ll start with a few SoBe restaurants. For the most part, they blow. There are good ones, but the ratio of good to bad is like negative.

I’ll have to say Joes Stone Crabs is my fave restaurant out here. Even if you don’t like crabs, you can enjoy fresh fish, an awesome salad, killer creamed spinach, chopped tenderloin (fancy word for carb-free burgers) and their fried chicken. I hear they have a sweet lobster roll, but I am hesitant to try it . Not because I don’t trust, but simply because I have too many things I like. I cannot imagine, sparing one of my choices for the lobster roll. Always make sure to order Joe's Vinaigrette, it changes everything for the better! Tip: If you dont have any pull at Joe's, feel free to do the takeaway, spare yourself the greasing fee and the 20% tip
Its only fitting I now give a shout-out to what I consider the most amazing lobster roll out there - Pearl Oyster Bar (Mary’s Fish Camp coming in 2nd place) in the W Village, NYC!

Now for another little treasure: Le Sandwicherie . This is a sexy street countertop shop, with hot french waiters (hot tempered and dead sexy), who make a damn good sandwich and on either baguette or croissant. (I hear their croque monsieur is pretty good though I haven’t tried it yet.) They have this killer french vinaigrette, adding a delicious tang to their sandwiches. If you don’t wanna deal with french body odor, they are one of the few good restaurants that deliver, fairly quickly and accurately I must add.

Im not going to bore you with Miami scoop only. I will blog about food, travel, shopping in many different countries. In fact in the last few weeks I have had the luxury to travel to LA, Jamaica, NYC, and in a few days Brazil. So stay tuned and you will get Sobitch’s free city guides regularly.


Namaste Bitches,

xx Sobitch

No comments:

Post a Comment